TMI Company Background
History of TMI
How We Started
According to Mr. Burns, it so happened that the unofficial headquarters for the semi-pros in the San Francisco area was Kaneally's Pool Room located near the shipyards in the China Basin section of the city.
An Early Innovator
The Start of Tool Makers International
In the early 1970s, Patrick Chronis began working with his grandfather, learning the business after he had completed his college degree. When Mr. Burns passed away in 1976, Patrick invited his brother, Peter, to join the family business, and together the two had been partners in TMI for almost 25 years.
During that time, TMI had grown tenfold. Computer-controlled machinery has replaced older lathes and mills. TMI has expanded its customer base beyond the borders of the United States to include customers in 47 different countries.
While modern machinery has replaced the relics once used in the shop, there is still one link to the past that has been preserved. Remember the scale model of the Johnson J-type double seamer that Mr. Burns has built in 1914? Well, it still exists and has a place of honor on Patrick’s desk as a fond reminder of the legacy that his grandfather had left behind.